Corning says that over 85% of smartphone owners have dropped their phones at least once per year with 55% of owners saying they’ve dropped their phones at least 3 times or more per year . As well,more than 60% of smartphone owners said they drop their phones between shoulder and waist height.
This drove corning to develop glass that can survive tougher drops. The company says we can expect to start seeing these new cover glasses ‘later this year ‘ .If you want to know more about the product browse their website.
And the best part is even though Gorilla Glass 5 is so much tougher, it still provides the damage resistance, optical clarity and touch sensitivity. Gorilla Glass is famous for—ensuring that OEMs that use Gorilla Glass 5 on their mobile devices cover consumers with the ultimate combination of protection and performance for high-resolution touch-enabled devices.
corning gorilla glass 4 vs gorilla glass 5
- Gorilla Glass 4 can withstand drops up to 2X better than competitive glass designs at the time of it’s release but, Gorilla glass 5 can withstand a drop from 1.2 meter height.
- Gorilla glass 5 is more responsive than gorilla glass 4
- Gorilla glass 5 is more safe for kids than gorilla glass 4
According to corning at present 73% of devices are protected by corning gorilla glasses which constitutes nearly total 4.5 billion devices.
also check coolpad max 7 review
- Coolpad Max with Snapdragon 617 SoC & 4GB RAM Launched in India
- How to kiss in Bully Anniversary Edition ?
- Best Selfie sticks to buy in 2017
- 10 Reasons to buy Xiaomi Redmi 4A