Do you know which is the most subscribed individual YouTube channel? Yes, you are right Pewdiepie is the most subscribed individual YouTube channel and he has made a lot of money through YouTube.
But, this post is not about him, I have seen many curious minds asking in Quora about How much does a YouTuber with 1 million subscribers earn in a year? So, I have done a little bit of research to give you the answer.
I have selected 5 random YouTubers who have just crossed one million subscribers. And I have used these two tools to measure their earnings. one is Socialblade (you probably know this one) and another one is VidIQ. Socialblade is a certified YouTube partner which can help you track YouTube Channel Statistics, Twitch User Stats, Instagram Stats, and much more!
YouTube comedian who is known for his eponymous channel. He is particularly known for his pranks and comedic sketches, as well as occasional video gameplay uploads.
Socialblade Estimated Monthly Earnings: $706 – $11.3K
Socialblade Estimated Yearly Earnings: $8.5K – $135.6K
VidIQ Average Yearly: $50866.56
A diehard gamer.
Socialblade Estimated Monthly Earnings: $1.4K – $21.7K
Socialblade Estimated Yearly Earnings :$16.3K – $260.9K
VidIQ Average Yearly: $97650
A Russian Gamer.
Socialblade Estimated Monthly Earnings: $2.5K – $39.8K
Socialblade Estimated Yearly Earnings: $29.8K – $477.4K
VidIQ Average Yearly: $168011.04
Davy Jones, also known as Dava Jonas and thousands of other names, is a Brazilian Youtuber. GTA player Davy became known for his skills differentiated in the game as well as his reactions exacerbated every time he loses a race or is killed in a parkour mod and for being the boss of a group of YouTubers GTA players, Known as Pirates.
Socialblade Estimated Monthly Earnings: $6.6K – $105.5K
Socialblade Estimated Yearly Earnings: $79.1K – $1.3M
vidIQ Average Yearly: $468006.84
5. Gillian Bower
Specializing in DIY content, she is a YouTube content creator who also publishes life hack, haul, and decor videos for her million subscribers.
ESocialblade Estimated Monthly Earnings: $2.5K – $39.6K
Socialblade Estimated Yearly Earnings: $29.7K – $475.8K
VidIQ Average Yearly: $168010.44
Though this post is about how much money a YouTuber with 1 million subscribers makes, it is difficult to calculate actual earnings. As there are sponsorships, affiliate marketing, merchandise sale and the list goes on…
Also Read: How much Money is 1000 views on YouTube?
So, you got a rough idea of how much they earn. Now, it’s your turn to take action and become the next YouTube millionaire.
How to start your million dollar YouTube channel?
The first and probably most obvious starting point is setting up a YouTube account. You should have an idea of the types of videos that you want to upload. Next step is to become a YouTube partner. This isn’t as hard as it used to be earlier. In the past, to become a YouTube partner you had to have some 15,000 hours of your video watched at any point in time.
Enabling monetization means you agree to upload video contents you have the rights to use and you promise to abide by the rules (such as not watching your own video over and over to boost ads). Google AdSense will be like your bank account where all the money you earn from the ads will be stored, later when needed can be withdrawn through check or NEFT. I have already posted an article on how to apply for Adsense account.
Now that you have monetization setup, along with Google AdSense, and YouTube partnership, you’re ready to go.
Where to get Royalty free Music and Videos for YouTube?
Here I have listed few marketplaces where you can get Royalty free music and video footage.
1. VideoHive: Royalty free videos and templates created by video professionals from all over the world.
VideoHive provides the newest videos and stock footages from the global community which are reviewed one by one. From openers and transitions to After Effects plugins and stock footage, you’re always sure to find top-quality assets created by expert video designers.
2. AudioJungle: 549,819 Royalty free tracks and sounds from the global community of musicians and sound engineers.
AudioJungle provides the most recent releases of music from the global community. All the latest tracks are created by brilliant music professionals and reviewed one by one by AudioJungle. From motivational tracks and sound effects to new, unique music kits, you’re always sure to find top-quality music to make any project sound right.
According to Forbes, Lily Singh is the eighth highest-earning YouTube celebrity, taking in an estimated $2.5 million in income last year. However, this does not all come from her YouTube channel. She also earned a significant amount of cash from her 2015 global tour, “A Trip to Unicorn Island,” during which she performed comedy and music in 27 cities across the globe. Plus, she rakes in money from partnerships, as she partnered last year with Coca-Cola’s Share a Coke campaign.
How does YouTube make Money?
YouTube makes money by displaying ads on videos uploaded on YouTube.
Why YouTube Pays You?
YouTube pays you because they are making money from your videos. You upload videos, YouTbe runs ads on it, they get money from advertisers and shares a big percentage of the revenue with you(that is about 55%).
How YouTube monetization works:
- The way advertising works with YouTube is probably one of the most complicated things that come with trying to make money off of YouTube. The real estimate comes out to about $7.50 per 1,000 impressions. The difficult part is actually defining the word ‘impressions.’ The only time you make money on YouTube is when someone interacts with your ad or when it leaves an ‘impression’ on them.
- This means that if someone skips an ad, or is running an ad blocker, then you don’t get paid for that view. This makes estimating the number of views a video has and how much a user makes off of the video very challenging. It also depends if it’s a video ad at the front of your video or just a box at the bottom of your page; this determines how many people interact with your ad and the amount of money that can be made.
- At the end of the day, though, there are a lot of variables that can affect just how much you can make on YouTube. Your audience has a lot to do with the type of ad that would work best. For example, if you are making short funny videos, it’s probably best to not include a 30-second ad at the beginning—a viewer might just skip right on by. Luckily, YouTube has an analytics page that you can use to see just about every measurable aspect of your video—from demographics to time of day watched and location.
Does it is very easy to make money on YouTube?
Making a lot of money on YouTube is not as easy as you might think. There are a lot of hurdles to overcome in the process. It’s definitely not a way to get rich quick. However, if you have a hobby, are really good at a particular activity and would like to help people, are funny, or even if you just want to have some fun, YouTube is a great option to cash in some extra bucks doing something you love.