Samsung pay:simple and secure way to pay on go(Last Updated On: July 18, 2017)
The simple and secure way to pay. It works almost everywhere you can swipe or tap your card. So you enjoy all the convenience you need, on your Samsung Galaxy device.Samsung Pay is the mobile payment service, which the company has been talking about for quite some time. We finally have details about its functions,security, availability and know when people are actually going to use it on their high-end Samsung smartphones.
How does it work?
It works through two ways–
MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission)
MST is Samsung’s patented technology. Through MST, merchants can accept payments on regular card machines which makes Samsung Pay the most widely accepted mobile payment service.
NFC (Near Field Communication)
You can make payment with equal ease at the payment terminals that are NFC enabled and activated for use.
Which all banks and services will this work with?
From Samsung Tomorrow, it is said: Samsung anticipates working with payment networks such as, American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa, major banks including Bank of America, Chase, U.S. Bank and key financial partners including First Data, Synchrony Financial and TSYS to extend Samsung Pay to the U.S. Samsung anticipates working with all major Korean card companies including Samsung Card, Shinhan Card, KB Kookmin Card, Hyundai Card, Lotte Card, NH Nonghyup Card, BC Card, Hana Card, Woori Card and Citi Card.
Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy A7 (2017), Galaxy A5 (2017), Galaxy A7 (2016), Galaxy A5 (2016)
Does it is secure?
Samsung pay is with 3 levels of security.
- Authorize payments by simply scanning your fingerprint or entering your Samsung Pay PIN.
- Digital Tokenization: All transactions use a random token instead of the card number, which means the actual card information isn’t shared while paying and details stay safe.
- Samsung KNOX: With Samsung KNOX, the phone is constantly monitored for vulnerabilities. Even if the phone is compromised, card information is still safely encrypted within a separate and secure data vault.
How to install?
Look for the Samsung Pay icon on your device.
If you see the icon, move to option B, else start with option A.
Option A: If you do not find the Samsung Pay icon on your device, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Ensure that the device software is updated to the latest Android™ software (Settings > About device > Software info > Android version)
- Step 2: Add the Samsung Account ID, provided at the time of registration onto the device (Settings > Accounts > Add Samsung Account)
- Step 3: Click on Samsung Pay icon, download and install the Samsung Pay app
- Step 4: Please continue with the steps as given under Option B below.
Option B: If you have the Samsung Pay icon on your device, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Add the Samsung Account ID, provided at the time of registration onto the device (Settings > Accounts > Add Samsung Account)
- Step 2: Click on Samsung Pay icon, download and install the Samsung Pay app
- Step 3: Setup Samsung Pay & start using the revolutionary way to pay
Also read: How to pay using Bhim app